LONDON, Jan. 14 (Xinhua) — Everton boss David Moyes confirmed on Friday that the English Premier League side have accepted a bid from a club for Steven Pienaar.
The 28-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and could leave Everton for free in the summer.
Moyes also confirmed that Everton had received two offers for the South Africa international and one had been accepted.
Pienaar has already held talks with Chelsea but it was revealed they have broken down, which has triggered reports that he has signed for a major European club.
"We have allowed his representatives to speak to the other club, but whether it goes through or not I don’t know yet," Moyes said.
Moyes admitted Pienaar’s decision to leave had been long-expected.
"I think the player probably decided that when he turned down his contract six months or a year ago, whenever it was," he said.
"But he has done very well for us on the pitch, so we have no complaints," He added.